- We endeavor to constantly remain up to date on and to strictly adhere to environmental laws and standards applicable to our corporate operations and products, as well as other environmental preservation requirements of society at large. We determine environmental objectives and targets based on a clear understanding of such requirements as well as the environmental impact of our corporate operations and products.
- At the research and development stage, we pay careful attention to the design of our products to minimize the consumption of resources and energy, ensure ease of recycling, and reduce the volume of toxic substances. Our aim is a continuous raising of our environmental standards.
- In our corporate operations we give due consideration to conserving energy and resources. We work to reduce the volume of waste products generated by our operations and to dispose properly of all waste generated. We are engaged in positive efforts to promote the collection and recycling of used products discarded by consumers.
- We constantly monitor the latest information related to the environment through our information network, which includes our overseas facilities and affiliated companies. We endeavor to share information appropriately by disclosing and disseminating details of our own environmental initiatives, and we work with others in common efforts aimed at preserving the environment.
- We educate all company members and strive to deepen their awareness of environmental matters, while creating members of a team that will be committed to the effective use of natural resources and energy, and to the protection of our global environment.
We, the EIZO Group, are aware that our products have an impact on the environment. In our product development work we therefore consider friendliness to the environment to be part and parcel of product quality. We endeavor to supply our customers worldwide with products developed to common specifications that meet or exceed the environmental requirements of individual countries as well as our own environmental standards. We are conscious of the importance of environmental preservation as a common issue for all humankind and pledge to do our utmost to protect the environment in all aspects of our corporate operations.
- Environmental Policy
- Certified environmental management system
- Compliance with Environmental Standards
- Using renewable sources of energy
After establishing an environmental management system under our Environmental Policy, we obtained ISO 14001 certification in July 1998, and have maintained it.
We can only improve our environmental performance if environmental protection and sustainability are observed in all areas of the company. This is why EIZO takes ecological aspects into account for business strategies developed at the management level. This is overseen and supported by the Operating Officer of environmental management, who ensures compliance with ISO14001:2015.
We continued to undertake many tasks for meeting our environmental targets that would achieve results in product specifications. We also sought to accomplish these tasks and targets by sharing them with in-house organizations, including the design and development departments. We successfully reduced power consumption during suspension and use, exercised stricter control over chemical substances used in parts, and manufactured products that meet advanced environmental standards.
We observe legal requirements and comply with major voluntary environmental standards in each market for our flagship products.
In Europe a number of regulations are being enforced, including the WEEE Directive (collection and recycling of discarded electrical and electronic equipment), the RoHS Directive (use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment), the REACH Regulation (registration, evaluation, authorization and restriction of chemicals) and the ErP Directive (eco-designing for energy-related products). These regulations were developed in Europe; however, they have been playing an important role in encouraging other countries and regions to take similar steps. Our products comply with these regulations.
We also respond to environmental labeling standards such as TCO Certified Display 7 (international comprehensive standards for monitors), EPEAT (international environmental standard for PCs/monitors), ENERGY STAR 7.0 (energy efficiency standard established in the United States) and PC Green Label (Japanese environmental standard for PCs/monitors). In addition, we are actively involved in the development of TCO, ENERGY STAR and PC Green Label.
EIZO will continue to focus on developing green products while keeping an eye on the development of environmental labeling.
EIZO's global headquarters are in Hakusan, Japan. To the west is the Sea of Japan and to the east the Hakusan mountain range.
To preserve the natural environment surrounding us, we are taking steps to reduce CO2 emmissions. One way we are addressing this is by turning to renewable energy resources. We installed have 715 rooftop 180 kW solar panels on our new factory which began operation in 2016. Nearby at ground level we have another 1,014 250 kW solar panels. The annual output of the solar panels is 373,000 kWh. This represents a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions equivalent to 239 tons/year.